Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs have updated their very helpful booklets, explaining how they can help you to help your constituents. The two booklets are:
- Help for you and your constituents – Working with HM Revenue and Customs: a guide for MPs
- Tax and National Insurance contributions – Guide for MPs and Ministers (MPs managing their own tax affairs)
If you would like a copy of the updated versions, please email us letting us know which version(s) you require*.
* Please note that we are able to send these documents only to current MPs and their staff with intranet email accounts. It is not available to members of the public.
Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs have updated their very helpful booklet, explaining how they can help you to help your constituents.
If you would like a copy of the updated version, please email us and we’ll send you the PDF.
*** Please note that we are only able to send these documents to current Members of the Senedd, Members of Parliament and Members of the Scottish Parliament and their staff with intranet email accounts. It is not available to members of the public. ***
When debts start to mount up, it can have an adverse effect on an individual’s mental health and well-being.
This guide offers lots of helpful information such as:
- Understanding the impact of debt to mental health – the different kinds of debt (e.g. tax debt) and how they can be a key source of stress, depression, and anxiety if not planned and managed properly.
- Advice for dealing with debt such as setting up a Debt Management Plan or an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA), qualifying for a Debt Relief Order (DRO), or even filing bankruptcy to get some protection and keep life essentials like pension savings safe from creditors.
- What to do if debt problems begin affecting your mental health. This includes recognising the symptoms and early warning signs of mental health problems associated with debt as well as advice on where to turn to for help and support.
- Other useful information and resources, including debt charities and organisations that are dedicated to helping people conquer their debt problems
Tax Debt and Mental Health: https://www.riftrefunds.co.uk/tax-rebates/uk-tax-refund-advice/tax-debt-and-mental-health/
HMRC have produced a very helpful booklet, explaining how they can help you to help constituents.
Please note that this guide is only available to current MPs and their staff. It is not available to members of the public.
Please contact us if you would like a copy. We will send it only to those people with parliamentary network accounts.