When you begin working for an MP, you will receive a Members’ Staff Induction Pack, including a letter from the Clerk of the House of Commons that provides links to relevant resources on the Parliamentary Intranet and elsewhere.
Here, you will find a collection of guides to good practice that will offer you advice in carrying out the main activities expected of you in your job. They are constantly being revised and updated, so if you do print a guide out, please remember to check back from time to time.
- Introduction to Casework
- Protocol clarified on representing constituents
- Case management software information
- Issue by Issue
- Constituency Casework Toolkit – from the Commons Library
- Helping your constituents – A guide for MPs and their staff from the Citizens Advice Bureau
- Organising things: Diary, meetings and events
- Laptop security
- Twelve Months in a Constituency Office
- Your Employment
- Maternity Leave and Pay for MPs’ Staff
- Staff salary scales
- On-site nursery at Westminster
- Promotion of a Political Party: Guidance from IPSA and the Information Commissioner
- Employment Rights
- Commons Personnel Advice Service
- Do you need to register as self-employed?
- Working from Home: A guide for those who work for an MP
- Your MP: Basic Info
- Political links and know-how