The latest version of the Members’ Personal Safety Leaflet is now available on the intranet. This is not just for Members; it’s vital that their staff read it as well. W4MP can’t emphasise strongly enough the importance of your reading this and taking appropriate action.
This 7-page leaflet (direct link to the PDF here) provides detailed information for Members on personal safety and that of family and staff. It covers:
- Running a safe surgery
- Obtaining additional physical security advice
- Financial support for security measures
- Getting Support from the Fixated Threat Assessment Centre (FTAC) – see below *
- Members’ Home Security
- Suspicious Post and Packages
- IT Security Matters
Whether you work at Westminster or in the constituency you should read this.
* The FTAC, a joint Police-NHS unit, will consider cases where intrusive behaviour is causing particular concern or distress or is perceived as harassing or threatening. Potential cases for FTAC should be discussed first with the Members’ Security Support Service.
Members’ Security Support Service
The Members’ Security Support Service (MSSS) provides guidance, advice and support to members of both Houses and their staff, about security away from the Parliamentary Estate.
MSSS provides support in three keys area:
- physical security measures
- personal security
- social media support
There’s more about the MSSS here: https://intranet.parliament.uk/security/advice-for-members/