The House of Commons Library has published a briefing paper which provides answers to frequently asked questions about international travel restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This paper is a compilation of frequently asked questions about international travel from and to England, and how it is affected by current restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The paper addresses the following questions:
- What is the international travel ban?
- What are the reasonable excuses for travel?
- Who is exempt from the international travel ban and travel requirements?
- What are the penalties for international travel offences?
- I’m travelling to the UK, what do I need to do?
- What COVID-19 testing is required after arrival in England?
- What is the “test to release” scheme?
- What is hotel quarantine for travel from “red list” countries?
- Are there any exemptions from Hotel quarantine?
- What if I cannot afford to pay for Hotel Quarantine?
- When can I go on holiday?
- I can’t fly because of lockdown, but my flight wasn’t cancelled, what are my options?