As we all know, the current set of parliamentary constituencies is being replaced for the next election and the borders of constituencies will change substantially. And because boundary reviews are carried out by separate organisations for each nation that no-one officially produces a single dataset of all the new constituencies covering the whole UK.
However MySociety has done some great work pulling it all together and has created:
- A single Excel download and geopackage listing all 650 new constituencies.
- A series of population and overlap files between old constituencies, old LSOA (2011) and current local authorities (2023) and the new constituency.
- A postcode lookup (England, Wales, Scotland only) for postcodes to new constituencies.
- A new tab/csv download for 2025 constituencies in our:
- For Python developers, a function that uses this data to transform between old, new and local authority geographies. The same data could be used in a similar way in other languages
- UPDATE: MapIt now makes both current and future constituencies available through the API and online postcode lookup. Enter any postcode to see the new constituency.
See their blog post for full details.