The Commons Library offers a range of training courses, tailored to individuals or groups, both face-to-face and online. These can help you to find information on the intranet or website, including the Library’s online databases.
Training courses include:
Find It programme
The Library’s Find It programme can help you get the information you need to do your job. The courses look at a variety of information resources – both on the Intranet and the website – and how to use them to locate what you need online.
- Find It Online
- Finding Library Research Online
- Finding Parliamentary Questions, Debates & Speeches Online
- Finding Parliamentary Papers Online
- Finding Bills & Acts Online
- Finding Books and Journals
- Media and News Sources
- Parliamentary Search: in Depth – learn about the search tool for questions, debates and other parliamentary material
- Nexis News: in Depth – learn about the Intranet resource for press articles and news wires
Introduction to the Library sessions – introduction to the range of Library services available to Members’ staff, including briefings, enquiries, online resources and more.