Insurance for MPs


The House of Commons funds and administers a range of insurance policies designed to protect MPs when carrying out their Parliamentary and constituency duties.

These policies include:

  • Employers and Public Liability
  • Personal Accident
  • Travel Insurance
  • Professional Indemnity (including defamation)
  • Employment Practices Liability

The House of Commons does not provide contents insurance for constituency offices.

The employers and public liability insurance is for constituency offices only, and covers people on work experience as well as employees.  The House of Commons, like the Civil Service, acts as its own insurer therefore no certificate or policy is available.  For further information, and to download copies of the insurance policies and certificates, please visit Insurance for Members and Members’ staff.