Contact Us

Please note that w4mp is a small, distributed organisation with neither an office or even a coffee machine or photocopier, and we’re not able to offer work experience, internships or other placements. 
We are not able to assist with complaints about Members of Parliament.  Please do not send us details of complaints, casework or personal information.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any suggestions or comments.

The simplest way is to use the  Feedback Form, since comments made there are picked up every day.  However we’re always happy to receive emails, though we strongly recommend you use one of the published addresses rather than our personal email addresses for this.

This is not because we’re concerned about spam (after it’s up to 1000 messages a day you tend to stop noticing any increase) or because we’re being precious, but simply because there is a lot higher chance that an email to will be noticed, read and acted upon in a timely manner than if you send it directly to us, especially when one or other of us is on holiday.

Email Addresses

These are the email addresses that we check regularly:

  • for anything to do with site content, feedback (if you don’t want to use the form) and such like
  • for anything to do with jobs, including requests to change the date, update content, take a job down early and so on


Ask a Question

Use our question form if you have questions about anything to do with working for an MP (for staff use only)

Real People

The site is run by Dick Robinson, Bill Thompson, Karen Lawrinson, Abi Melton and Lilith Cooper, with help from anyone we can drag in from time to time to write guides, offer advice or just take an interest.  It is paid for by the House of Commons Resources department as a service to MP staff.

While we’re not rigid about this, the general division of responsibilities is:

Editor: Bill looks after the site and the server, does general editorial duty, keeps the training schedule and event listing up to date and reads the feedback assiduously.

Executive Editor: Dick runs the job ads, handles some questions and does executive editor stuff like deal with the House authorities.

Assistant Editor: Karen writes many of our excellent guides and ENIs, deals with questions and keeps the site content shining like a new pin.

Jobs Editor: Abi Melton and Lilith Cooper manage submitted jobs

Postal Enquiries

Letters can be sent to

20 Rutherford Road

Parliamentary Enquiries

For general enquiries –

Enquiries about the work, proceedings and history of the House of Commons should be directed to the House of Commons Enquiry Service. However, the Information Office cannot accept  emails to Members of Parliament. For information about how to contact an MP, see Contacting your MP

Enquiries about the role and work of the House of Lords should be directed to the House of Lords External Communications..

Enquiries about the historical records of both houses of Parliament should be directed to the Parliamentary Archives.

Enquiries about the work of Parliament from teachers and young people should be directed to the Parliamentary Education Service, which acts for both Houses of Parliament.

Enquiries about private legislation, hybrid bills and orders should be directed to one of the Private Bill Offices of both Houses.

References relating to Hansard records can be obtained through the Search Engine. Alternatively you could contact either the Commons or the Lords Information Offices who will be able to help you further. Please note that only Members can ask for corrections to Hansard, which have to be approved by a Principal Assistant Editor.  However, when we “proofread” the daily part we pick up errors and authorise corrections so there is not usually any need to inform us of errors you may find.

For enquiries about Copyright Permission, please see the related web page.

For other types of enquiries such as those about Judicial Business, House of Lords Select Committees or the Parliamentary Bookshop, please see the contact page.